Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Finalizing Capstone

After several laborious weeks of bringing this documentary film together, I have finally come to a point where the project has finally come to a stopping point. I will definitely need to spend some more time working with the audio levels as there are several issues that have arised. I will therefore spend the remainder pof this semester working it to a point where it can be the best cut possible. This past week, I had a lot of trouble editing as I had lost many transitions and edits due to a computer crashing in the lab.  Over 12 hours of my footage were lost which demanded me to go through and piece together every clip all over again.



This week, I will be presenting what I have to the faculty of the Communication Department. I feel that I know what I will be critiqued on as I have mentioned the audio does have some issues. I may also need to add a bit more voice over to keep the piece more interesting and understandable. I have started brainstorming ideas for my poster board, but I am not quite sure exactly which design I am going to go with. Overall, I feel very proud of what I have accomplished so far with this project. I feel like I have it to a point where I can say I have the shots I like. My biggest fear for this project is that it might be considered too boring or maybe uninteresting for some people as it is a very specific subject matter. I still hope to bring out various audiences other than just history buffs because I feel that what I have to say in this film is important when it comes to cultural communication theory.

I'm looking forward to hearing a variety of critiques on the cut that I have produced. This week will be a lot of tweaking edits and finishing up finalized copies of my script, outline, etc. I hope that this project is something that the faculty will find interesting and that they are proud that I went out and took a risk on something I haven't really seen done.

No comments:

Post a Comment